Martes, Oktubre 12, 2010

Our Love Story..So Far

Warning: This post is cheesy. Lactose intolerants are not allowed.

We met in 1983 or 1984, (not very particular since we were just kids then. We grew up in the same town where everybody knew everybody and what everybody was up to.

 Do you believe in destiny? Well, I do.

I believed that we were destined to be classmates since 3rd grade; I believed then that we were destined to be born on the same month only a year apart. And I don't believe that Librans cannot be with Librans.

We lived in the opposite side of town and would see each other only at school. We were exactly opposites. I can’t dance at school programs while he can. I talked and laughed too while he is quiet and aloof type (brooding). In short we were as different as black and white. For me he was this mysterious, unreachable boy that I am curious about...so near yet so far.

We never actually talked to each other until we were seatmates in 4th grade by then I had this huge crush on him. And I won’t dare look or talk to him for fear of my classmates knowing and we will be the target of teasing (you know what I'm talking about). Hey, it was the onset of my puberty and it is a must to have a crush or else I will forever be alienated by my friends.

Truth to tell maybe that was puppy love. I was not the cutest kid in school but some cute boys were showing interests. But deep in my 10 year old heart I know, he is the one. We parted ways in 1987 after grade school. I only received sporadic news about him from our barkadas.

High School was a different story since we studied in different schools and different cities. We have chance meeting during vacation and few gatherings with our old classmates and pals, but there is no really us. I have told my deepest secret to my closest friends and that was the farthest I have gone.

Finally, the day after my high school graduation, we gave in and that was the start of the actual love story. We became officially on without the knowledge of everybody else. While were in college and he got to visit me every now and then, mostly at school. 


These moments were the most memorable since we actually felt what boyfriends and girlfriends got to do & feel. I had fond memories of our lunches and long talk and him taking me to each of my classes. It was the feeling of being in love that kept me afloat in the sea of books, quizzes and lab works.

After a while he became invisible in my life…no issues were discussed, no break ups…we just drifted apart.

Years passed and we continue to cross paths every now and then until finally we stop riding the merry go round and stood still. Our worlds collide. The love was not gone it was just at the back of our minds & deep inside our hearts waiting for the perfect time. We were back to where we were eons ago.

More mature in love and life we became one. We have learned that our contradictions is what has made our relationship stronger and in spite of the years we have known each other, it is only now that we discovered the real us. That he is the talker and I am the listener. That he is the sensitive one while I’m the what else…insensitive. And the list goes on…

Last Valentine’s Day he gave me a card that goes like this:

Our Love is real

Love's not made of hearts and flowers,
dreamy music, moonlit scenes...
Real love comes with hurried hugs
 and fast-food meals and faded jeans.
Real love wakes up kind of rumpled,
stays up late to get work done...
It makes mistakes, apologizes, 
thinks up things to do for fun...


Yeah, it’s true Dad, what we have is real and I will never get tired of telling this story to our children and to our grandchildren. I am looking forward to growing old with you in a farm with my garden and your chicken. I love you very much…

Yours forever,
BOT

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento